How To Clean Sherpa Chair
There are many ways to add comfort and style to your home. Adding coordinating chair sets is a great way to do this on a budget, especially if you find the pieces used or antique ones that need some fixing up. You can bring new life into old chairs by reupholstering them with something like a Sherpa fabric.
If you have recently purchased and reupholstered your chair with a Sherpa fabric, you will soon discover it’s not that easy to clean it. This material collects dust and pet hair quickly, which can be hard to remove without damaging the fabric. Luckily, there are some simple tips and tricks on how to clean your Sherpa chair the right way!
How to Clean Your Sherpa Chair
What You’ll Need
- Vacuum cleaner: You will need a good vacuum cleaner to clean the chair. You can use a handheld or upright model. A brush attachment can be useful if there is a lot of dirt and hair on the seat.
- Cleaning solution: Mix one part mild detergent with two parts water. Use this solution to clean the chair.
- Cover: Use a cover if you don’t want to get the fabric wet.
- Brush: A soft bristle brush can be used for a gentle spot cleaning.
- Iron and ironing board: You can iron the chair if you want to restore some life into the fabric.
- Cleaning rags and paper towels: You will use these to clean the chair.
Vacuum the chair
Vacuum the chair to remove debris and embedded dirt. Use the brush attachment to get dirt out of the crevices. You can also use the vacuum nozzle to clean around the edges of the fabric.
Clean the chair
Use the cleaning solution to clean the chair. You can either use a sponge or a soft bristle brush to do this. Start with the fabric areas, followed by the wood parts (if there are any). You can clean the fabric by either spraying the cleaning solution or dipping a sponge or cloth into the solution and wringing it out.
Iron the chair
If the chair is really dirty or stained, you can iron it. Use a low setting and a cloth to protect the fabric.
How to Remove Stained Areas of Your Chair
Remove embedded dirt: Start by removing any embedded dirt from the stained area. Use a soft bristle brush or a soft cleaning rag with a cleaning solution to do this.
Treat the stained area: You can use a soap solution or a vinegar and water solution to treat the stained area. Let the solution sit for 10 to 15 minutes. You can also use hydrogen peroxide or baking soda to remove stains.
Remove the stain: Use a soft cleaning rag or a paper towel to blot the stain. Continue until the stain is gone.
Having a clean chair is important as you will be spending a lot of time on it. Keeping it clean will help you maintain a clean home and avoid allergies. Cleaning your chair can be done by vacuuming it and cleaning it with a cleaning solution. You can also remove stains from the chair with the help of cleaning solutions.