How To Drain Bestway Pool With Hose Adapter
You may have noticed that the majority of Bestway pools don’t include a draining feature. Even though this is common with most above ground pools, it does make things a little more challenging for you. Luckily, there are still ways that you can drain your pool with ease.
In this post, we’ll give you some tips on how to drain your Bestway pool using a hose adapter and a few other materials. Draining your Bestway pool isn’t as complicated as it may seem – with the right equipment and setup, you should be able to complete this task in no time at all.
Using a Hose Adapter to Drain an Above Ground Pool
What You’ll Need
There are a few things that you may need to successfully drain your Bestway pool. We’ll go through each one below.
- Hose Adapter: This is used to hook up a hose to your pool’s filter. The hose adapter will then allow you to drain your pool from outside.
- Garden Hose: You’ll need a hose big enough to fit over your pool filter. The garden hose is what you’ll use to siphon out all of the water from your Bestway pool using the hose adapter.
- Shower Drain: If you want to hook your hose up to a shower drain, you’ll need to connect it to your pool as well. You can find shower drains at any pool supply store.
- Sump Pump: Sump pumps are used to pump water away from your home or basement. They are often used in conjunction with a swamp or other wet area of your property. You can hook a sump pump up to your pool’s filter and use it to siphon the water out of the pool.
- Hose Hookups: You’ll need to have a hose hookup or spigot near the filter and/or pump so that you can easily hook your hose up when it’s time to drain the pool.
Using a hose adapter to drain your above ground pool is one of the most common ways to do so. If you’d like to use this method, all you’ll need is a hose adapter and the appropriate size hose. You can pick up both of these items at your local hardware store or home improvement store. Using a hose adapter to drain your above ground pool will allow you to drain it from outside the pool. That means that you don’t have to climb into the water to do so.
If you’re using a hose adapter to drain your above ground pool, you’ll need to make sure that the filter is unplugged. Once your filter is unplugged, attach the hose adapter to the filter. You’ll then want to attach the hose to the hose adapter.
Next, you’ll want to place the end of the hose into a water source, like another pool, a river, a lake, or a pond. You can also place the hose near a storm drain, a downspout, or even the bathtub. Once the hose is in position, you can open the drain at the bottom of your pool and start pumping out the water.
Hooking Up a Shower Drain to Your Pool
If you’d like to hook up a shower drain to your Bestway pool, you’ll need to connect your pool’s filter to the shower drain. To do so, you’ll first want to unplug your filter and remove the lid. Next, you’ll need to attach the shower drain to your filter by connecting the two together. You may have to purchase a shower drain adapter to help you connect the two pieces. Once you’ve connected the two pieces, you’ll need to place the filter in the water and plug it back in. You can start pumping out the water from the pool by turning on the shower and allowing the water to drain into the pool.
Hooking Up a Sump Pump to Your Pool
If you want to hook up a sump pump to your Bestway pool, you’ll need to connect the pump and filter together. To do so, you’ll first want to unplug your filter and remove the lid. Next, you’ll need to attach the pump to the filter by connecting the two together. You may have to purchase a sump pump adapter to help you connect the two pieces. Once you’ve connected the two pieces, you’ll need to plug the pump in and place it in the water. You can start pumping out the water from the pool by turning on the pump and allowing the water to be pumped away.
Draining your Bestway pool can be challenging if you don’t have the right equipment or if you don’t know how to use the equipment properly. Luckily, there are a few ways to drain your Bestway pool that don’t require climbing into the water to manually drain it.
If you have an above ground pool, you can use a hose adapter to drain your pool from outside. If you have an inground pool, you can use a sump pump or a Shower Drain. No matter which method you choose, you can be sure that draining your Bestway pool is much easier than you may think