Foam board insulation is a great way to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. However, you may be wondering how thick you should make your insulation. The answer depends on a few factors, including the climate where you live and the type of home you have. In general, however, 3-4 inches of foam board insulation is a good starting point.
How To Thick Should Foam Board Insulation Be
Foam board insulation is available in a variety of thicknesses. The most common thicknesses are 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, and 1 inch. Thicker insulation provides better R-value, but it also costs more.
– Foam board insulation – Ruler or tape measure – Pencil – Saw
- Cut the insulation to size apply adhesive to one side of the insulation stick the insulation to the surface
- Measure the thickness of the foam board insulation
- Determine the desired thickness
– The thickness of foam board insulation should be enough to provide the desired level of insulation. – If too thin, the insulation will not be effective. – If too thick, it will be more difficult and expensive to install.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The R-Value Of 2 Inch Foam Board?
The R-value of 2 inch foam board is 3.6
What Is The R-Value Of 2 Inch Blueboard Insulation?
The R-value of 2 inch Blueboard insulation is 6.5.
What Is The R-Value Of 2 Iso Board?
The R-value of 2 ISO board is 5.6
There is no definitive answer to the question of how thick foam board insulation should be. However, it is generally recommended that the insulation be at least 2 inches thick in order to provide sufficient thermal protection.